Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The BIG Move

I'm lovin' this warm weather. My skin and Grace's hair are lovin' the humidity!
It's been about 66 degrees at 8 in the morning when I take the kids to school and it gets up to about 77 in the afternoon...it's awesome! My exema is so much better here and Grace's curls are beautiful!



Down in Surfside all the homes are built on stilts. Several years ago they built a jetty, that you can almost see on the horizon, it changed the tide and started moving further up the beach. Some homes were totaly taken by the water, there used to be about 4 homes in front of this one.




Grace loves to dance....anywhere, anytime! She's playing with her shadow in this picture.



Ben heading out to surf on the board he made.



I love this picture! Dallin couldn't get enough of body boarding! His stomach got raw from the board but he wanted to keep going.



There are so many shells on this beach its unbelievable. The kids loved searching for cool shells





Here is Grace right after her 26 hour car ride, she's even smiling.








Sorry this is not in order....I never get this right.

So much has happened the last week and a half I don't even know where to begin. We packed up our house and loaded it on to a trailer and then headed for Texas. We drove straight through from Price to Surfside Beach. It was a 26 hour drive and we decided to travel through the night hoping the kids would sleep...HA! Grace slept from 10-12 and then again from 4-8. Yeah, it was pretty miserable, but its over. Since we were going to get down here 4 days before we closed on the house and our stuff would arrive we thought staying in a beach house was the logical solution! It was soooo much fun. The kids wanted to spend every second in the water. Dallin had a blast body boarding and Hailey loved jumping in the waves. Grace however kept a safe distance from the water. She did not like how it kept coming at her! Finding cool seashells was also a big hit.
We finally closed on the 20th. The underwriter handling our loan was fired for negligence 2 days before our closing date....um, that was a bit stressful. We were afraid they would want to re-do our loan docs or who knows what, thus, delaying our closing date. Luckily it all worked out and we only closed a day late.
I feel like I've hardly gotten anything unpacked because I've been cleaning like a mad woman. This place was filthy! I guess I assumed too much by thinking the sellers would clean their own toilets and tubs before moving out, among many, many other things! So between cleaning and driving kiddos to and from school (and being Grace's personal servant) I haven't really unpacked much....sigh. Oh well, it can wait.


4 want to talk about it:

Unknown said...

So glad you'r having fun. It looks and sounds beautiful!

K&S said...

Fun! I would love to live that close to a beach.

Chelle said...

Wish we were there! Looks like you all had a wonderful time at the beach. It is cold and windy here...so much fun! When will spring ever come. I am glad you made is safe to Texas and that you are settling in.

Nigbur Family said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe you guys did the 26 hour drive! Your kids are champs! Enjoy the warmth we are freezing our rears off here!