Sunday, April 26, 2009

FOLLOWING THE PROPHET

Ben and I have been focusing a lot on food storage and emergency preparedness. Our ward just started a food storage group and I'm really excited about it. We are trying out a lot of the things from Wendy Dewitt's system, which I would strongly recommend watching. You basically choose your family's 7 favorite meals and figure out all the ingredients it would take to make that meal for your family, then times that by 52 and you know how much of each ingredient you will need. Her system plans on the worst case scenario- like no power. You pressure can your meats so you can have fresh meat and you cook in a solar oven. She has a 15 page packet you can print online that has all the info. It's competely free she is just trying to encourage others the follow the counsil given by the prophet to prepare!

Here is a link to her youtube video (this is the first of 9 parts, check them all out!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGaTlwYs-s

5 want to talk about it:

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the link! We've been doing a lot with food storage lately too!!

Nettie! said...

I've got to check that out!

Diana said...

I love learning about it and getting prepared because I still get a bit overwhelmed and this idea is great! Hope you're having a great time at the beach EVERY DAY!! :)Have you picked up beach volleyball??

JandK Manwaring Family said...

Sounds awesome. We need all the help we can get! Hope everything's great in Texas. I told Gracie that Hailey said she missed her, and she went on and on about how she missed Hailey too, and that was the big topic for the next couple of days :)

alli said...

That is such a great idea! I mean, who wants to eat rice and beans for a week.