Saturday, December 12, 2009

Decked

Today I was reminded of one of my most favorite days of the year-trimming the tree! At our house, we play Christmas music and everyone helps decorate. My $1 tree has been transformed into something lovely. Though there may not be any rhyme or reason to my tree, all the ornaments don't perfectly match, it is beautiful collection everything wonderful in my life. Our tree is adorned with handmade treasures the kids have proudly created, little reminders of Christmas' gone by, heirloom's passed down from generation to generation, an angel baby in heaven, a babe in a manger and His gift to all mankind. Yes, I love my tree and the joyous feelings it stirs inside of me.


This is a little ornament I end up making almost every year. It is really simple, copy a picture onto transparency paper, cut it to fit, roll it up and stick it in a clear glass ball. Most craft stores have these, Dollar Tree has them 3 for fifty cents. It is helpful to have tweezers when putting the picture in to line it up just right.
I hope everyone's Christmas preparations are going well, I know I still have a TON to do, but that's how I roll! Have a great weekend!

3 want to talk about it:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ornament idea!I think that would be a fabulous neighbor gift! I love all your crafty ideas, and your $1 tree is fabulous! Hope all is well with you and your family this Christmas season.

Nettie! said...

It looks great! We'll miss you this Christmas Season! :(

Nick Ashley Reagan Coen & Ike said...

What a lovely tree! Thanks for letting Hailey call Reagan! She was in heaven!