Sunday, April 18, 2010

Late Night Dress-ups

When I checked on Grace the other night (I do this every night, so I can smooch on them, and see them looking so angelic and forget about all the things they did that day to drive me crazy)I found her curled up like this. She went to bed in pajamas, but changed into the tutu at some point. It is far from unusual for her to change but the tutu to bed was a new one. She seriously doubles my laundry because she changes her clothes SEVERAL times a day. It drives me insane but I have to pick my battles. When she goes over to a friends she almost always heads straight for their room and strips down and tries on their clothes, I'm not kidding. The girl has a serious clothes fetish.

A few little tidbits on Miss Grace- she knows the abc's and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune, so when she finishes singing the abc's she gets confused and says "now I wonder what you are". She loves balloons and calls them billoons. One of my favorite words she says is swimsuit-"thimthoup", puts a smile on my face every time! When we were at Costco Grace saw a woman with a scarf over her head, and she informed me it was Joseph Smith- we might have a few questions for her nursery leaders haha!

Excuse me while I brag a little. The kids got their report cards and they are doing great! Hailey is doing so phenomenal, her lowest grade was a 94! The amazing thing is that she can do this without any help from Ben and me. She gets 100's on spelling tests and fluency passages without going over it at home. She always has her nose in a book and has taken 7 AR quizzes in one day before. We are so pleased with how focused she is on her school work and thankful that it comes so easily for her.

Dallin got all A's and B's, so he is doing well also. Dallin is quite the opposite of Hailey though, he has to be prodded along and constantly reminded of what needs to be done. I call him my absent minded professor because....well, he is. He is so smart, just a little spacey and forgetful. He loves science, and anything to do with nature, in fact he has a 99 in science.

It's been interesting to see them in their piano lessons because Dallin is so patient and works so well one on one with his teacher. Hailey, on the other hand, is very impatient and confident that she can do everything by herself. In a classroom setting though Dallin loses focus yet Hailey is assertive and flourishes.

It really is incredible how different each child is. I love to see their strengths and the talents Heavenly Father has blessed them with.


5 want to talk about it:

Nick Ashley Reagan Coen & Ike said...

Way to go Dallin & Hailey!!! I do find it kind of hard to picture Hailey buried in a book. In my mind, she's way too active for that. How are you're piano lessons coming?

Maria said...

That is too funny. Look out when Grace hits her teens!

Devin and Melinda said...

Kinz is in that stage right now too....at least I am hoping it is just a stage. It's great to hear your kids are doing so well...although it's not surprising at all.

Nettie! said...

That's adorable! I love how the skirt's sticking up!

Becca Meservy said...

I check my sugar-boo like that too! (Half the time her legs are hanging out of her crib and her blanket is up on her face.)
They look so innocent sleeping! :D