Sunday, March 27, 2011

We're Back + One



He's here! Luke Pollard Cardon was born on Feb 15, 2011
He weighed in at a hefty 8lb 10oz and 21 inches long.


 Let me just say this labor was twice as long as any of my others. I was induced, but little did I know that my doctor was going to wait all day to break my water. He kept telling us the baby's head was up to high (that is because it was resting on a huge amount of fluid in the sack). Anyway, being only on pit I just stayed at like a 6-7 most of the day. Finally at 6 pm (after his office was closed, probably by design) he broke my water and I immediately progressed and delivered at 7:27.  A littlle side note- at 7:00 I was complete, but my doctor was delivering another baby. So for about 30 mins I was at a 10 and could not push, I was shaking so bad    - good times- thankgoodness for epidurals. All of my labors have been about the same, schedule induction, have my water broke, 4-5 hours later deliver. This time it took about nine hours. You can probably tell I was just a little bugged. Ok, I can be done griping, I guess I just like to plan a bit too much, and let's be serious, this is labor, how much can you really plan? But it had worked for the other three! The most important thing is that our little guy got here safe and we are both doing great.


                                                                      My mom and Luke

                                                                        My dad and Luke
                                                        A very happy daddy with his baby boy

                  The five six of us.
I think the lack of sleep is taking a toll on me. (Thanks Uncle Dick for making me aware that I apparently don't know how many people are in our family) 


The waiting room-Dallin, my Grandpa, Ralph Pollard Holding, who Luke is named after, and my Uncle Dick

6 want to talk about it:

Maria said...

That is a bummer your Dr. made you wait. That sort of happened to me with McKay. Max went much faster and easier though because my Dr was part of a practice so there was always a dr there to deliver. I really liked it a lot.

He is beautiful! Congrats guys!

BTW, how is it being back in UT?

Tammy and Rick Holding said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad to see you're back. I love seeing what my wonderful daughter and son in-law are doing, and my sweet grandchildren. It is soooooooo wonderful to have you close...and to have been able to be there for the birth of our sweet grandson.

Love you all.

Nettie! said...

He's so handsome! Guess what?! Basically the same thing happened to us. With Audrey I was induced and had my water broken - Audrey came less than 6 hours later. With Kyle same routine and he came less than 4 hours later. With Kaden I was induced and thought it'd be less than 2 hours but the Dr. never broke my water. It broke on it's own at 6pm and he came a few minutes later! She was barely there in time to catch him!

Kat said...

Wow it sounds like a lot of us had the same labor. Sena was a 9 hr induction as well ( we went to the highest setting) but nothing happened until they took me off; then it was a race. Briel had to catch because my dr was walking in when her head came out. I am glad you had an epi I have tried to have one with both girls but they never work on me...ouch. I am glad to see everyone is well! Hope to see you all soon.

Jeremy Manwaring said...

Ha ha the nurses delivered Lucy-it was 4:30am so the doctor was home asleep. The cord was wrapped around Lucy's neck so they needed to get her out quick. That sounds miserable to have to wait 30 min.!! I'm glad it's over for you and you have a healthy and oh, so darling little boy!! Keep the pictures coming :)

Brooke said...

Kim, congrats!!! I'm so happy and Luke is a doll! Oh and u look totally amazing!